Florida ECCS is seeking assistance from a consultant with professional expertise in the areas highlighted above. While the exact number of hours needed to complete the work is uncertain, we anticipate this project will average of 20-25 hours per month from April 15, 2021 through July 15, 2021. In addition to independent work, consultants may be expected to attend virtual ECCS Advisory Group or State Improvement Team meetings.
- Scan of parent leadership groups and organizations. Consultant will conduct a comprehensive scan of parent leadership groups and organizations in Florida. This scan should specifically focus on expectant parents, parents of young children and organizations who serve the prental-to-3 population.
- Strengths and gaps analysis. Consultant will conduct meetings with representatives from parent leadership groups and organizations, including ECCS parent leaders, to examine the strengths and gaps of engaging parents and promoting parent leadership within the maternal and early childhood system. Consultant will also conduct research of best practices and successful parent leadership models across the nation.
- Parent leadership network strategic plan. Consultant will work with ECCS parent leaders and ECCS staff to develop a plan for creating and sustaining a network of parent leaders that can serve organizations across the maternal and early childhood system. The plan should also include best practices for promoting and supporting parent leadership, the relationship between parent leadership and equity, results of the parent leadership scan and strengths and gaps analysis, and a strategy for parent compensation and leadership development.
- Knowledge of Florida’s maternal and early childhood systems of care
- Knowledge of and commitment to advancing equity
- Experience partnering with parent and/or community leaders
- Knowledge of parent engagement and/or leadership best practices and successful national parent leadership models
Please email completed proposals to Ghia Kelly (GKelly@fahsc.org) by April 1, 2021.